How to View Desktop Version of Twitter in iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
You must have noticed that when you use the Safari browser on you iPhone, iPad or iPod to open Twitter it always opens the mobile version of the site. Actually, it set, by default, to open the mobile version. But there is a way to make it open the desktop version of Facebook.
Previously Twitter gave this option on the site but then removed it.
First of all, you should know that there is no way you can open the desktop version of Twitter as long as you are using the Safari Web browser. No matter what you do, it will open mobile.twitter.com every time. But if you use Chrome then you can successfully open the desktop version of Twitter any iOS device.
View Twiter Desktop Version in iPhone/iPad
- First of all, you need to download and install Google Chrome. Before you download, make sure that it is Chrome for iOS.
- In the top right side, there is a “Menu” button. Click the button and then choose “New Incognito Tab”.
- Now you have opened the Incognito tab. Open any website (not Twitter) in this tab. E.g. youtube.com
- There is a “Menu” button on the top right side of the page. Click it and select “Request Desktop Site”
- Go to Twitter.com in the Incognito tab. You should see full version or the desktop version of Twitter on your iOS device.
Make sure that you follow the steps given above carefully if you want to open the desktop version of Twitter.